Saturday, July 2, 2011

Strawberry Honey Butter

You'll never guess where I found this recipe.  Actually that's a lie.  You'll probably take one guess and get it right.  Did you guess Food Gawker?  If so, you win.  It was SO pretty and looked SO good.  And it'd be perfect for bagels.  And it was EASY.  That's probably my second favorite word when it comes to recipe descriptions.  It's only preceded the word reallyfuckingyummy.  I got the recipe from this blog and I couldn't wait to try it out: http://half-bakedbaker.blogspot.com/2011/06/strawberry-honey-butter.html  Obviously you can click there to get the recipe, but I took pictures throughout the process which that blog lacked.  On to the recipe:

Strawberry Honey Butter


Ingredients:
1 pint strawberries, hulled (I buy strawberries by the pound, so I used about half the carton and it turned out perfectly)
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened



This is my set up :D

Put the strawberries in the food processor until they're pureed.


Force pureed strawberries through a sieve or fine strainer into a saucepan.  Add the lemon juice and honey.


Boil for three minutes while stirring.


Remove from heat and let it sit until it gets to room temperature.  This seems like it takes forever.  In the meantime I made three types of fruit leather that I may or may not blog about when they're done.  I'll have to see how they turn out.  Anyway, after it cools, pour it into a bowl with the softened butter and mix it together.


I should've taken a picture of the mixing, but I forgot.  So that's all you get.  After it's mixed, put it into small mason jars and let it sit for an hour so the flavors can "develop".  I'm not going to lie.  I tasted it before the hour was up.  It was awesome.  Here's the finished product.


This recipe made just under a pint.  I'll definitely be making it again!


It's super easy and delicious.  Try it out and let me know in the comments how it goes!




I'm also going to make a fudge truffle cheesecake tonight or tomorrow, and I'll definitely blog about it, so keep an eye out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment