Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

It's Clementine's first 4th of July.  This won't mean much to her yet, except that we're grilling out AGAIN and she'll wear a cute little outfit with stars and stripes and have something huge, obnoxious, and red, white, and blue on her cute little (okay, it's actually pretty big) head.  She'll probably be asleep well before any fireworks, and if she's awake for them they'll probably just scare her.  And since we haven't bought any fireworks, this is okay.  We'll leave those to the neighbors.  But even though she won't understand it today, I hope that as she gets older she really understands what it's about- our country's independence and the brave men and women that keep it that way.  I hope she always thanks her daddy for her service.  And her uncle (my brother Dylan).  And her great uncle (my Uncle Brad).  And maybe one day soon her other uncle (my brother-in-law Jeremy).  And her daddy's friends.  They all wear the uniform proudly, and I'm so thankful for them.  And you should be, too.  If you see a member of the military (or a prior member) today, say "Thank you."  It's the least you could do.



And another thing I love about the 4th?  While it's nowhere near as big of a deal, it's also reveal day on CDAN.  I should probably explain that I'm a huge blind gossip junkie.  I love the juicy gossip even if I have to guess who it's about and I may not even be right.  But twice a year, New Year's Day and today, I get to find out if some of my guesses were correct thanks to CDAN.  Every 15 minutes a new blind is revealed.  You can bet I'll be checking my iPhone a LOT today!


And I won't finish this post without something food related.  My cooking endeavors this weekend have been less than perfect (you'll read all about it later), but today I get one more chance.  I'm making cheesecake stuffed strawberries.  They better be delicious.  And if they are, I will blog all about them!  So enjoy your 4th. Be safe.  Don't drink and drive.  Don't be stupid with fireworks.  And check back here in a day or two to read about what I failed at this weekend and what I (hopefully) excelled at.  Food wise, I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment